Cavendish Community Ratepayers Association Inc. (CCRAI)
The Cavendish Community Rate Payers Association Inc., (CCRAI) is a community based organization, dedicated to working with all associations, residents, businesses, local townships, and all levels of government both federally and provincially to find solutions to issues that are common among property owners in our area. Our goal is to preserve what is best in our beautiful lake areas now as well as carefully planning for the future and what it may hold. Paramount to this is protecting the personal and family investments that we all have in our properties and ensuring that they will be protected for generations to come.
We monitor all township council meetings as well as new announcements and information from many Provincial and Federal Ministries through our board members and through the associations that we are members of. We do this throughout the year so that we can ensure that our member’s interests are properly represented.
We provide regular meetings throughout the year at the Cavendish Community Centre on County Road 507. We bring in a variety of interesting speakers and presenters from township council, provincial and federal ministries, and a host of other organizations. They have provided updates and information on local township initiatives, boating safety, water levels and water management, Kawartha Highlands Signature Site Park, waterfront tax reform, land tenure and land rights, and a host of other topics. These meetings are also a good forum for our elected officials to hear from our members and residents in the area about their concerns. Please plan to attend our meetings this year which are listed below.
We communicate information to our members through our yearly newsletter, in the 507 Express at our public meetings and on this website page.
The mandate of the CCRAI is:
- To promote and encourage Cavendish Community Ratepayers to participate in Cavendish Community matters.
- To discuss, find solutions and make recommendations on any matter that affects the quality of living of Cavendish Ratepayers and ensure the result will be beneficial to the Community.
- To co-operate and work closely with other associations in Galway-Cavendish-Harvey Township to protect the environment and the environmental quality of our land and lakes, and on any other issues that may affect the Township.
- To promote and encourage tourism and commercial ventures in our Community in an acceptable and controlled manner.
- To provide a channel for communications with Galway-Cavendish-Harvey Township and all other levels of government, organizations and agencies.
The majority of our members are land owners in the former Cavendish and Harvey Townships served by County Road 507 and we welcome any land owners in the Township of Galway-Cavendish and Harvey.
The CCRAI needs your support in order to continue to perform the work we do for our members and our community. Please support our association by downloading the 2013 CCRAI Membership Application form, filling it out and sending it in along with your membership fee. Your membership in the CCRAI will be a great investment today and will provide returns for you and your family for generations to come.
Gary Jarosz CCRAI President, Telephone: 905-472-6816
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
2013 Information and Events: Be there ! Be heard ! Be informed !
Meetings held at Cavendish Community Centre – County Road 507
- Public Meeting Saturday June 22, 10am-12noon
Town Hall Meeting – Township Council – Municipality of Trent Lakes
(Formerly the Township of Galway-Cavendish and Harvey)
Meet your elected officials, municipal update with Q&ACoalition for Equitable Waterflow – Ted Spence
Update on water levels and water management
Barry Devolin – Member of Parliament
Haliburton – Kawartha Lakes – Brock
Parliamentary update and Trent Severn Waterway
County of Peterborough Waste Management
Laurie Westaway – Manager of Environmental Services
Waste Management Master Plan update and programs
Pat Kemp – Chief Administration Officer
Municipality of Trent Lakes
Township Budget Update
- AGM & Public Meeting Saturday August 24, 10am-12noon
Agenda and speakers to be published shortly